Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Business vs. Hobby - Where is your home stand-Based Business?


Are you ready to stop treating your business like a hobby? Those words hit me like a ton of bricks.

The general question was asked a crowd of people, but I felt like I was the only one sitting room and shining the spotlight was on me directly.

The question I have asked myself the obvious: "I'm treating my business as their multi-million dollar, or a hobby, something to fill my time and nothing more?"

So I drew a line in the sand, and I crossed. I closed my eyes to see the world I've taken a step in my professional career.

I was surrounded by my office. No, this was not a closet or a room with a desk. There was a corner in the basement or the kitchen table. This was my office. My personal space with my desk and my computer.

There is something so special and amazing to have your own space.

Part of having your own space to include your telephone number. When someone calls the number on your card and you can not answer that type of message they are getting. They are listening to one of your children say "Mom / Dad is not here now, but leave a message?" If you want your children to leave your message, let them do it on your home phone.

Do not get me wrong, I have kids and love them, but your company's voice mail is not a place to highlight your children.

Do you own a professional recording so people will recognize your voice.

Do you have a bank account set up specifically for your business. Otherwise, go out and find your very personal banker .... Shake their hand. Be professional and let them know that you have a business that is going to be bringing a lot of money in their coffers very soon. Be confident! There's only one thing to have your personal banker that makes your business in a real way.

You've got a shortage of time each day to work on your business. Maybe your only working on your business part-time and still has a full time job. This is perfectly ok, just plan your time a little 'better. Are you a morning person. I am. I made the decision to get up an hour before working on my business.

Here are the rules: No telephone, e-mail No, no web browsing, no children, No Dog, No Husbands. You get the picture. This time is for your company, and only for your business.

You will be amazed by what you have done. Take your first shower and be totally ready to walk out the door when your time is over. If you pack your lunch, do it the night before. Do not want anything to stop this time.

When you're ready to really put this time on steroids, you can take another step forward. Get up 15 minutes before the original time and get on the treadmill. Work yourself up from a pleasant walk through a quick jog 15 minutes. You have more energy and your business will begin to expand!

Finally, remember these two key words: small steps. To be cliché, Rome was not built in a day, and your habits more and better will not happen overnight. Just go ahead, take small steps, progressing every day, and soon you'll wonder where all the extra activities it comes .......

No comments:

Post a Comment