Thursday, August 30, 2012

Stress Management: Music, Music, Music


When I write and talk about stress management, I prefer to call it stress mastery. I prefer to call this stress mastery because why only manage something when you can take the next step and dominate?

The music has a charm .....

It 's been said that music has charms to soothe the savage beast.

Although this may be true, I know for a fact that music has charms to soothe the savage stress.

I think there are very few times in my life when there is a certain type of music playback. This is a habit long life. I remember my father bugging me as a teenager asked me if my car would be if the radio was not.

I did not know and did not want to find out.

Stress mastery in the studio

Here are some great things mastery of music and stress:

1. You can listen anywhere - in the shower, at work, in the car, when you wake up, etc.

2. Since many of us are frightened awake by an alarm clock every morning, why not wake up to your favorite music?

3. You can choose music to match your mood. Some hard rock if you are frustrated and angry, perhaps followed by some smooth jazz to relax.

4. And 'no or low cost - when you are online, you can listen to any music absolutely free in places like itunes.com.

My challenge to you is to experiment and play with (pun intended) how you can use music to help you in mastering stress.

Happy listening .......

No comments:

Post a Comment